Tuesday 18 January 2011

LA billboards

The greatest way to break up with..a city...on a billboard 

I love these typographic billboards.
Creative Jon Jackson is leaving LA for New York and decided to announce the end of the relationship via 5 billboards. Luckily a friend of his works for CBS outdoor, so three weeks later his breakup notes are in large format in 5 locations around town until Jan 15th 2011. 
“Really I do love you LA & I have the t-shirt to prove it. However that love is just not strong enough to keep me living in your ever sprawling arms. I wanted to make sure you got the message I left on Lincoln BLVD just south of Washington. It is big and brown like your air in the summertime.
Adios LA.”
“You know New York and I work together, and we just get along. I know this is superficial but NY has much bigger seasons, and they are real. Keep in touch.”
Hilarious!





No comments:

Post a Comment